An Odd Combination
This cocktail caught Chris’ eye in Difford’s Guide because of its odd mix of ingredients. With Mezcal, Maraschino liqueur and lavender bitters, it just doesn’t seem like it’d work – but it really does!
The cocktail is rich, smoky, aromatic and slightly sweet with a spirit focus and beautifully balanced.
Don’t let the Ingredients Dissuade you
If you’re in the mood for an Old Fashioned but curious to try something different, this one might be just the ticket. The smokiness adds interest alongside the lavender aromatics, creating something that’s sippable and rich.
This one’s definitely worth a try!
- 1.5 oz Anejo Tequila Roca Patron
- .5 oz Luxardo Maraschino
- .5 Oz Mezcal Vida
- 8 drops Lavender bitters Scrappys
- 1 barspoon Agave Nectar
- 3/4 Oz Chilled water
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass
- Add ice and stir to chill and dilute
- Strain into a chilled coupe
- Garnish with a fresh lime peel