It’s that time of the month again – MxMo time!
This topic is near and dear to my heart – it’s the first cocktail I recommend folks learn, and it’s one of my personal favorites.
Special thanks to to Andrea of Ginhound for hosting MxMo this month with the topic: Sours!
New and Improved Lemon Drop
- 3/4 oz Gin
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Oleo Saccharum
- 3/4 oz Lemon-infused Vodka
- 1 handful Ground up lemon drop candies with lemon thyme leaves mixed in
- 10 Lemons (Zest only)
- 750 ml Vodka
Lemon and Thyme Oleo Saccharum
- 4 Lemons (Zest only)
- 10 sprigs Fresh Tyme (leaves removed and stems discarded)
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix together the first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake
- Rim a coupe glass with the lemon drop candy / lemon thyme mixture
- Fine-strain the cocktail into the prepared glass
- Zest the lemons, trying to pick up as little of the white pith as possible.
- Place all zest in the infusion container
- Fill with spirits, ensuring that all lemon zest is submerged.
- Let infuse for a couple days, up to a week in a cool, dry place. Taste daily and fine-strain out the lemon zest when it reaches the level of infusion that tastes good to you.
Lemon Thyme Oleo Saccharum
- Put all of the listed ingredients into a Vacuum seal bag and vacuum-seal it.
- Let it sit for a couple of hours, until all of the sugar appears "wet"