This cocktail is a celebration of fall
While apples come into season in the late summer, I always think of them as a fall fruit. Perhaps that’s just because their flavor is so “fall” to me – I think of apple pies with nutmeg and cinnamon, or hot spiced cider.
This drink used Lambic beer – a Belgian apple beer – alongside a melon-balled apple garnish. They are alongside the spiced flavors of Rye whiskey and Rooibos chai tea to really bring “home” the fall flavor in the drink.
Harvest Apple Collins
- 1 Wine Opener optional opener
- 1 Bar Blade optional opener
- 1.5 oz Rye Whiskey
- 5 oz Apple Lambic Beer
- 4 drops Rooibos Chai Tincture Or 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients to a Collins glass and add ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with melon-balled apple, if desired.