“It’s like a daiquiri and a sidecar had a delicious, delicious baby.”
Or at least, that’s how Chris described this cocktail to me. Looking at the recipe, he’s not wrong! A very simple drink, it features rum (Havana Club), Grandeza orange liqueur, and lime juice. The result is tart, fragranced with orange and intense vanilla. It’s slightly on the boozy side but that’s not a bad thing (in my opinion at least!)
A Sidecar… with a Sidecar
By the way, did you notice that neat little bottle in the top photo above? Grandeza had these tiny little “sidecar” bottles made so you can literally hang it on the side of your glass. How cool is that?
So the next time you’re looking for something just a bit different from a standard sour, think about this one – it’s a simple variation that’s very, very tasty.
- 1.5 oz Rum Havana Club 3 year
- 1 oz Orange Liqueur Grandeza
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- Rim a coupe glass with sugar.
- Add all ingredients into a Boston shaker. Fill with ice and shake to chill and dilute.
- Fine strain into sugar rimmed coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime peel.