Do you ever think of a cocktail name, then just HAVE to make a drink for it?
That’s how this cocktail came about – if I recall, it was when Chris and I were having drinks at Trick Dog in San Francisco. Chris was drinking something with lots of obscure “hipster” ingredients and joked it was so good, he might just turn into a Hipster himself. … Well, the rest is history.
This cocktail is designed to use the most hipster ingredients possible in such a delicious way that it’ll turn anyone into a Rye Whiskey and Fernet guzzling hipster. (Suspenders and twirly moustache optional.)
I’ll let you decide if Rye Whiskey and Fernet are “hipster” or not – but regardless, it IS a great name, right?
The Accidental Hipster
- 3/4 oz Rye Whiskey We used Rittenhouse Rye
- 3/4 oz Fernet Branca
- 3/4 oz Maraschino Liqueur We used Luxardo
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker
- Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass
- Garnish with a lemon zest and cocktail cherry