We’re excited to host our very first MXMO and hoping add something new to the mix. This month the topic is…
(Cue dramatic music)
Ok, ok… It’s not quite as dramatic as I make it out to be.
Basically the idea is to try something new, an ingredient or technique that you’ve never had experience with before and create a cocktail around it.
Here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing:
- Use a spirit that you’ve never used before. It could be a base spirit, modifier or that Belgian Ale that rings in at 15% alcohol.
- Use an ingredient that has always captured your imagination in the supermarket. Maybe that weird looking fruit that you always walk by at Whole Foods, or that unusual looking vegetable that you can’t even pronounce.
- Use a new technique that you’ve never tried, but have always wanted to. Have you been dying to make your own vermouth, amaro, or martini glass made completely out of flavored sugar.
Excited? Got a few ideas? Great!
Here’s how to get in on the action:
1) Make a cocktail using an ingredient, technique or something else that’s completely new to you
2) Post a picture of the drink on your blog, website, tumblr, etc. and include:
- The beautiful MxMo Logo and a link to MixologyMonday.com
- A link back to this post so folks know what you’re up to
- And a quick explanation of what about the cocktail was “Unknown” to you!
3) Send me your link by commenting on this post or sending some love on Twitter @ABarAbove
4) Do all of the above by Midnight Pacific time on September 22nd and I’ll put everything together into one great big round up of the “Unknown”
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Don’t forget to come back here after September 22nd to check out “The Unknown!”
Here is my entry into “The Unknown” http://docelliott.net/2014/09/18/tequila-moonlight/ I’ve also placed the links on my site as requested.
By the way I’ve been enjoying your podcasts!
Chris, here’s my submission: http://cocktailvirgin.blogspot.com/2014/09/ask-dust.html
Hey there, Chris!
Here’s my entry, which makes use of poitin — a little-known Irish spirit. Cheers!
Thanks for hosting! Our submissions for this month: http://boozenerds.com/2014/09/21/mxmo-around-the-block-first-frost/
Thanks for the entry Matt, and feel free to e-mail me the picture through our “Connect with us” box on the front page. There is a link to our e-mail address at the bottom.
Looking forward to the picture, and welcome to the MXMO group
Thanks for this interesting topic! Here is my entry: http://swizzzlestick.com/2014/09/22/martinez-paradoxum/
Thank you for hosting. This theme was so much fun!
Here’s my under the wire post.
I might have just posted this twice. Either way, thank you so much for the super fun theme.
Down to the wire, here is my contribution to this month’s Mixology Monday. Thanks Chris, for hosting, and great theme! http://girlwithflask.com/2014/09/22/honey-honey/
Late again but here it is http://arcanepotions.blogspot.ro/2014/09/mxmo-unknown-kyoto-sweet-qi.html Thanks a lot 😉
Hope you don’t mind me getting late
Thanks for the inspiration!