The Sazerac is one of the oldest classic cocktails around. Spirit forward, beautifully aromatic and layered, this cocktail is like Mr. Toads wild ride for your taste buds.
First you smell the lemon oil and absinthe, then taste what is essentially a Peychaud’s Old Fashioned. Then enjoy a nice, long, smooth finish.
If you haven’t had a Sazerac yet, order one the next time you go out to your favorite craft bar… or better yet, make one after this video!
- 1 cube sugar
- 6-8 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 2-3 spritzes Absinthe
- 1 Lemon Peel (for Garnish)
- Chill serving glass with ice
- In a mixing glass add sugar and bitters, muddle into a syrup.
- Add whiskey and ice to the bitters glass and stir.
- Dump ice from serving glass and coat with absinthe.
- Garnish with a lemon twist