Craft Cocktail Training Wheels
The Dark ‘N Stormy is the perfect cocktail to kick off Rum month. It’s both delicious and incredibly easy to make, with one big caveat: in order for it to be a “real” Dark ‘N Stormy, it should be made with Gosling’s Dark Rum and Gosling’s Ginger Beer. If you know me, you know this is out of character for me to require certain ingredients, but it’s not my choice – this cocktail is actually trademarked!
NOT a Dark ‘n Stormy
But if you feel inspired to make something else which resembles the Dark ‘N Stormy but isn’t “officially” one, I’d recommend this recipe instead:
- Add ice to a highball glass
- Add 1/2 oz of Lime Juice.
- Fill to about halfway with Ginger Beer
- Top with 2 oz of dark Rum.
Similar? Yes! Even more delicious? Well, I think so!
Mix with Us?
We’re mixing this one in the new Facebook group! Come join us and mix along every Friday!
Dark & Stormy
- 4 oz Goslings Ginger Beer
- 1 1/2 oz Goslings Dark Rum
- Fill a Collins/highball glass with ice and add the ginger beer.
- Top with the dark rum, and don’t stir to keep the famous “stormy” look.