The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #157
We asked a bunch of bartenders what the hardest part of bartending was. Here are the top three responses and some suggestions for tackling them.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode… we asked a bunch of bartenders what the hardest part of bartending is.
I thought the top responses would be things like:
- Scheduling and working on weekends when friends/family are free
- Dealing with difficult guests or annoying customers
- People not taking your job seriously as a career.
And while a few people mentioned these, none were in the top three!
According to bartenders, the hardest parts of bartending are:
- Remembering Cocktail Recipes
- Dealing with workplace politics
- Creating cocktails for the menu
Surprised? I was!
Listen / watch above for our thoughts on how to alleviate these challenges and made life just a little bit easier behind the bar.
Stuff we Mentioned:
Check out the “drama” podcast episode here, and the podcast we did all about dealing with negative coworkers here.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
What do you think of our temporary podcast setup? Keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook stories for updates as Chris builds the new bar!