The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #167
If you saw the last episode, you know how Chris feels about hot cocktails. Now it’s time to set him straight! Chris is chatting with bartender Bradley Thomas Stephens who has some great tips for making delicious hot cocktails for service – and avoiding the pitfalls that drove Chris crazy!
o hear his tips and tricks for making infusions work, even in a high volume bar.
But before we go too far, here’s a bit more about Bradley, from Bradley himself!
I have 9 years’ bar and 25 years’ restaurant experience. I have worked in every type of bar and restaurant you can imagine, from local dives and corporate chains, to boutique hotels and world class whiskey bars. I’ve mixed drinks in more than a half dozen states here in the US and abroad in Tokyo and Helsinki. An old nickname I once had was “Brad from Everywhere” and I’ve taken those experiences with pride and share them with everyone I can.
I am passionate about hospitality and classic cocktails from other regions of the world. Maybe I’ll write a book someday, but until then just come see me at the bar and see what I’m experimenting with now.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode, we’re talking about Hot Cocktails behind the Bar
Listen in to learn:
- What inspired Bradley to get into hot cocktails in the first place (hint: fire!)
- His favorite hot drink, along with his recipe
- The critical pieces of equipment you’ll need if you want to serve hot drinks
- Why evaporation is such a big deal, and how you can manage it effectively
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!