The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #164
It’s so much more than “Jungle Juice”. Large format cocktails are an awesome way to serve delicious craft drinks at parties without bartending all night!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode we’re talking about Punch
No, not the stuff you mixed in a garbage can in college (oddly it seems like everyone has a story like this…)
Just because you’re serving a cocktail en masse does not mean it can’t be “craft”! This week on the podcast we’re talking all about “Cocktail” punches – from its historical roots to modern large format cocktails for your next fancy cocktail party.
Watch or Listen in to learn:
- How to turn any cocktail into a “punch”
- Why water and Ice are the #1 reason punches go wrong
- Some great serving options for your large format cocktail – and one weird one
- Ideas for getting creative with ice
- Why Oleo Saccharum is any punch creator’s best friend
Stuff we Mentioned:
- This ridiculous fountain
- David Wondrich’s book: “Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl”
- Watch this (super old school) video for instructions on how to make Oleo Saccharum
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!