The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode One Hundred and Fourteen
Time to leave? It happens! Here are some tips for giving notice and moving on without making enemies along the way.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode… it’s all about quitting.
Even in the best job, there will come a time when it makes sense to move on. Whether you’re leaving the worst job ever or the best one you’ve ever had, make sure you’re doing it right!
- First of all, if there’s something your manager could fix that would prevent you from quitting, have a conversation with them! It could turn your bummer job into an awesome one.
- Pay attention to the experiences of other coworkers who quit. How are they treated? Are they booted out the same day they quit? Plan accordingly!
- If at all possible, give two weeks notice. If not possible, consider offering to work a few limited shifts over the next few weeks to lighten the load as they try to replace you.
- Do it in person, but back it up with an email or written letter so it’s fully documented.
Stuff we Mentioned:
- If you want to hear our valley-girl voices again, check out our “Avoiding Drama” episode here (you’ve been warned)
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
How did you navigate the switch between jobs? Share your tips below in the comments!