The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #121
You’ve got a good amount of bar experience and you’re ready to dip your toe in management. This week on the podcast we’re talking about your first steps to prepare apply (and interview) for management roles.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re kicking off a mini-series to help you take your first steps toward a management position. This week it’s all about preparation: how do you get ready to start looking for a new job?
- Step 1: Get your head in the game. Are you sure you want to be a manager?
- Step 2: Prepare to Prepare: Get the information you’ll need to put together an awesome resume.
- Step 3: Polish yourself on Paper (and the web). Create your resume, business cards, and do some digital house-cleaning to make sure you look good if your future employer googles you.
- Step 4: Get the word out! Time to start leveraging your network and letting them know you’re looking for opportunities.
Listen in to the episode for a whole lot more detail about all of the above!
Stuff we Mentioned:
Here are a few other great articles and podcast episodes that are worth a listen / read if you’re considering looking for a new job.
- Networking for Bartenders: Have we mentioned that we think your network is important? A million times? Yeah, I know. Here’s another episode where we say it some more.
- Everything you wanted to know about Bartender Business cards.
- How to write a killer bartender resume
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
We’ll be back next time with the next step: interviewing and getting hired.