Finding the Nearly Impossible:
- 1 oz Gum Arabic hydrated in 1 oz of hot water
- 2 oz hot water
- 6 oz granulated sugar
1. Hydrate the Gum Arabic (affiliate link) in 1 oz of hot water for a few hours after stirring.
2. After white spheres have disappeared, combine the remaining hot water with the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add 3:1 simple syrup to Gum Arabic paste and stir to incorporate.
4. Now take your Gum Syrup out for a test drive and try it in your next Old Fashioned, Sazerac, or Aviation.
You can also flavor your gum syrup as you would normal simple syrup. Pineapple gum syrup for a Pisco Punch? Also try Turbinado or Demerrara gum syrup in your next Old Fashioned.