We’re going to use the tinctures we prepared in our Flavor Library video!
Watch us create our first batch of bitters:
How to Make Bitters:
- I recommend starting with several tinctures made with flavors that you want in your bitters.
- Use an eye dropper to add the different flavored tinctures, tasting and recording as you go.
- When you reach the flavor profile you’re looking for, then use your recorded notes to make another very small batch. This will give you another opportunity to adjust if needed.
- Create your full-sized batch using the formula that you have now refined.
- Finally, add simple syrup to reduce the overall proof down to 44%. In my example, I added about 30-40% by volume.
Our Bitters in Action:
Check out our Mixology Monday post on Anise.
What ingredients would you like to see in a bitters? Let us know in the comments!