This cocktail is “Transatlantic” because it pairs a little bit of Europe from the Unicum Next with some North American in the Bacanora Blanco. This Bacanora has an almost eucalyptus herbal note to it, which stands up perfectly against the spiced sweetness of the Unicum. The Pimento Bitters are there to reinforce the spice and round out the flavor.
This cocktail is spirited, spiced, and almost reminds me of a poached spiced pear (in a very good way!) I’ll definitely be back for more of this cocktail in the winter.
- 1 oz Bacanora Blanco We used Catalina 1905
- 1 oz Unicum Next
- 2 Dashes Pimento Bitters Dale Degroff’s Pimento Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and stir well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with a lemon peel