A Glorified G&T
With a bit of Britain in the gin and some Herb de Provence in the shrub, this cocktail really does split the difference between England and France – just like the Channel.
In reality, this cocktail is just a glorified Gin and Tonic. But the addition of the shrub adds a whole new dimension to the drink, playing beautiful on the quinine in the tonic and highlighting the herbs in the gin.
It’s definitely an extra step to make this shrub, but I think it’s such a great match for any London Dry gin, it’s worth having in your fridge for a little while!
- 1.5 oz London Dry Gin We used Tanqueray
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- 0.75 oz Herbs de Provence Grape Shrub
- 3.4 oz Tonic
Herbs de Provence Grape Shrub
- 300 grams Seedless Grapes Roughly chopped
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tsp Herb de Provence mixture (or 2 grams)
- 4 oz Datu Puti Vinegar
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Fine strain into a collins glass and top with tonic.
Herbs de Provence & Grape Shrub
- Mix all ingredients except vinegar together in a bowl and allow to macerate 24 hours.
- Strain well.
- Add vinegar, a little at a time and tasting as you go.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before using.