It’s that time of year…
Not only are the skies clearer and the days warmer, but we’re starting to see the best part of springtime: fresh, in-season produce! If you’re like me, you’re happily wandering down the aisle of your local grocery store buying ridiculous quantities of berries and fruit to celebrate the changing of the seasons.
Celebrating the Change of Seasons
This cocktail is meant to celebrate the transition from winter to spring. Smokey Mezcal reminds us of warm winter fireplaces, but bright strawberry and basil bring the bright fruit and aromatics of springtime. It’s a delicious combination that creates a beautifully colored drink that’s interesting, layered, and not too sweet.
This cocktail was made with our very own bar tools – check them out!
Stainless Steel Boston Shaker
This is the best cocktail shaker you can buy – because we made it! Watertight and still easy to open, this is definitely our top choice.
- .75 oz Mezcal Del Maguey Vida
- .75 oz Tequila Don Julio Blanco
- .25 Oz Maraschino Luxardo
- 2 each strawberries
- 2 each basil leaves
- 1/2 each Lime (quartered)
- 1 barspoon sugar
- Add sugar, limes and strawberries to a mixing tin and muddle
- Add remaining ingredients
- Add ice and shake to chill and dilute
- Layer bucket with crushed ice, cubed strawberry pieces, strips of basil
- Double strain cocktail into prepared bucket
- Garnish with Basil top