Somewhere between a Tequila Sunrise and a Dark and Stormy
It’s coming near the end of summer and it just doesn’t feel quite right to keep drinking the bright fruity drinks from earlier in the year. This week’s cocktail is a bit of a nod towards fall – with winter flavors like Ginger beer, paired alongside a summery blanco tequila and the late summer cherry flavor.
I like to add Cherry Heering to my tall drinks last – let the color drip down the sides a bit. Of course it’s entirely optional and you can add it along with the tequila at the beginning, but I like the gradient color it creates. (Plus the color is reminiscent of “sunset” don’t you think?
Cheers for the end of summer my friends – and the beginning of another great season for delicious bar flavors.
Bring on the Ginger beer, the dark spirits and baking spices. I want apples and pears and nutmeg! Fall is a great time for cocktails, and I, for one, am excited to get started.
- 1 1/2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 5 oz Ginger Beer We used Bundaberg
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Cherry Heering We used Luxardo
- 2 each Maraschino or Cocktail Cherries For garnish
- Add Tequila, lime juice and ginger beer to a Collins glass and fill with ice
- Stir gently to mix
- Add Cherry Heering and garnish with cocktail cherries