Match.com recently reached out to us and asked if we could help them with a Polish-inspired cocktail that people could make to impress their dates. I’ll be honest, I was excited! I’m familiar with Polish Vodka, but didn’t know much about Polish cocktail culture or traditions.
After a bit of research I created this cocktail as a “Springtime” rendition of the traditional Polish Christmas drink called “Krupnik.” Both drinks use vodka and honey, but instead of the wintery spices traditionally used, I made a very strong batch of Chamomile tea. The floral flavor comes right through in this drink and plays very nicely with the honey and lemon.
If you’d like to impress a date of your own, check out the cocktail recipe below, or take a look over on Match.com’s Polish dating site!
Springtime in Warsaw
- 3 parts Vodka (Preferably Polish!)
- 1 part strong Chamomile tea
- 1 part Honey
- 1 part Lemon Juice
- Seltzer Water
- First, prepare a strong cup of Chamomile tea. While still hot, set aside 25ml of the tea and add 25 ml of honey. Stir until the honey has completely dissolved. Let the tea cool completely.
- Add Vodka, prepared honey-tea mixture, and lemon juice to a Highball or Collins glass. Stir with a spoon until they are well combined.
- Add ice to the glass until it is about 2/3 full.
- Fill the glass to the top with Seltzer water.
- (Optional) Garnish with a lemon wheel.