Tastes like a Creamy, Boozy Root Beer Float
Is there anything else to say? Thanks to the delicious (and 10% ABV) “Not Your Father’s Root Beer”, this cocktail gets all of the flavor of a root beer float alongside the kick of some booze the the smooth creaminess that comes with egg whites and egg liqueur.
Don’t be put off by the egg ingredients – I felt both brought a velvety texture but failed to make it taste “eggy” – a good thing for this cocktail for sure. I think you could probably get away with making this without the egg liqueur, but it definitely adds an extra layer of creaminess that helps hold up the cocktail and reinforce the “float” feel.
With the winter coming quickly, I’m sad to say my ice cream intake will go down – but maybe this cocktail can take its place!
Root Beer Flip
- 1 Wine Opener optional opener
- 1 Bar Blade optional opener
- 3 oz Not Your Father’s Root Beer (Alcoholic Root Beer)
- 0.75 oz Egg White
- 0.75 oz VOV Egg Liqueur
- 1 oz Overproof Rye Whiskey (We used Rittenhouse Rye)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker (including root beer).
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Fine strain into a bucket glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.