It was late afternoon, and I had a hankering (yes I said hankering) for something with rum. I had my eye on a bottle of Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum, which I’d won at a raffle in July at Tales of the cocktail.
With Dark Rum, I’d usually go for lemon (Chris always suggests lemon for aged spirits and lime for clear.) Unfortunately, the fruit bowl was all lime and no lemon!
So today I’m going a little bit outside the norm (for me at least), and created a cocktail with dark rum, lime, and Patron’s Citronage Lime liqueur for a bit of sweetness and extra citrus kick.
It came out great! There’s no question – this is a citrusy drink, but still has that warm molasses from the dark rum underneath.
Papa's Lime Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Papa’s Pilar Dark Rum
- 0.75 oz Citronage Lime Liqueur
- 0.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with Ice
- Shake to chill and dilute
- Strain into a bucket glass with fresh ice