January needs a bit of color – or perhaps the month after all the holiday mania makes you feel…..blue?
Either way this months Mixology Monday is a chance to live those emotions out.
You can dazzle us with a brilliant blue drink or you can share that blue feeling with a melancholic drink ?
Just when I was starting to convince Chris to stop at the store for some Hypnotiq or Blue Curacao, he remembered – it just so happens that we already happen to have a case of Oskar Blues Brewery’s beer. Perfect. Chris gets out of putting Hypnotiq on the back-bar, and I get a drink made with pilsner. Win-win!
A bit of a Cheater…
So while this isn’t a cocktail that looks “Blue”, it is a delicious and bright take on the traditional “Bees Knees” cocktail. So if you’re slogging through those winter “Blues”, this might just be a good option!
Thanks again to Andrea from Ginhound for the great topic!
- 1 oz London Dry Gin
- 1 dash Barrel Aged Orange Bitters
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Honey Syrup
- 0.75 oz Egg Whites
- 6 oz Oskar Blues Yella Pilsner Beer
- 1 part Honey
- 1 part Water
- Prepare the Honey Syrup (below).
- Combine all ingredients (including honey syrup).
- Shake without ice (Dry Shake) to incorporate egg whites.
- Add ice, and shake to chill and dilute.
- Strain into a Collins Glass.
- Top with Oskar Blues “Yella” Pilsner.
- Combine honey and water.
- Warm in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, and stir well.