A true “Play” cocktail.
Ever feel like a cocktail and just not really have a clue what you feel like? So you do the bar equivalent of staring at an open fridge … and your eyes dart back and forth across your backbar looking for inspiration?
That’s basically the story of this cocktail. It’s an experiment in playing with the two bottles that caught our “inspiration” – Whiskey Girl’s Peach flavor and Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur. The key with this drink (perhaps not surprisingly) was managing the intensity of the Barrow’s – because it really is intense. We ended up using just 1/2 an ounce, which was just perfect.
A Simple Sour
This really is a slight variation of a simple “sour” cocktail, but the peach and ginger flavor really do make it much more interesting. It’s a sweeter style drink (right up my alley) and came out great. Looks like inspiration served me well today!
- 1 Bitters Bottles optional
- 1 1/2 oz Peach Whiskey We used Whiskey Girl Peach.
- 1/2 oz Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters We used Fee Brothers Barrel Aged.
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Fine-strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist.