This is another recipe from Paul Clarke’s Cocktail Chronicles book. (We always seem to have the same ingredients he calls for, darn it!)
This cocktail reminded me a little bit of a Last Word, albiet with Ginger beer and a different flavor profile. It’s much more bitter, and the Carpano antica and Fernet Branca definitely come through nicely.
SHE’S A BEAUT.
I gotta say though – it’s a great looking cocktail. Feast your eyes on that!
- 1 oz Fernet Branca
- 1 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz Ginger Beer
- Add all non-carbonated ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with an (optional) lime peel