Another Recipe from a Reader: Thanks Awinash!
This week’s cocktail is another reader creation, coming to you from reader Awinash. He mentioned he was doing quite a bit of experimentation and I asked if he’d found a recipe that he felt he had perfected – and this was it!
An “After Dinner” variation on the Perfect Manhattan
“Unlike the Manhattan, which is a “before dinner” cocktail, the Durbon was designed to be an “after dinner” cocktail.” – Awinash. It’s called the Durbon because it’s made with Bourbon in Durham (get it?) and it’s his personal riff on the perfect Manhattan.
Side note: Awinash has spent a great deal of time finding the exact brands he recommends for this recipe, so if you want the “real” thing, stick with the brands he’s suggested in the recipe below.
Thanks again Awinash, this one looks delicious!
- 2 oz Honey Bourbon Wild Turkey American Honey
- 3/4 oz Dry Vermouth Carpano Dry Vermouth
- 1/8 oz Sweet Vermouth Carpano Antica Formula
- 3 dashes Orange Bitters Bitter Truth
- Add all ingredients to a glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail coupe.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.