The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode 127
In an age where you can buy strawberries in Alaska in January, what’s the point of a seasonal cocktail menu? And is it right for your bar program?
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
Note: We had some technical difficulties with the camera this time, but luckily the audio was saved! We’ll be back to video again next week.
In today’s Episode…
Everyone assumes that a seasonal cocktail menu is inherently “better” than a static menu you rarely update. But is that true?
As with anything – it depends!
Things to consider when thinking about a seasonal cocktail menu for your bar (or considering axing it!)
- Staff Training and Skills
- Availability of tasty seasonal product
- Impacts of prep time and other staff availability
- What makes the most sense for YOUR bar and YOUR customers?
Listen in for a lot more things to think about, and maybe you’ll just rethink whether a seasonal menu is necessarily “better” for your bar after all!
Stuff we Mentioned:
If you’re into this sort of thing, definitely check out our Mixology Certification Program. It’s full of other people like us who care a LOT about great cocktail creation. You might like it here!
- How to make Purees for Cocktails
- Two podcasts chatting with folks making their own syrup brands: Jennifer Colliau of Small Hand Foods and Max Messier of Cocktail & Sons
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Are you considering starting (or stopping) a seasonal menu? What factors are helping you choose? Let us know in the comments!