The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #137
Who says a drink needs booze to be delicious? Join us this week for a chat with Julia Momose, one of the world’s foremost experts on alcohol free cocktails that put the word “mocktail” to shame.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode… Hold the booze, please!
When you hear the word “cocktail” you probably assume the drink has alcohol in it. But according to Julia, it’s time to think outside the booze. She’s made a name for herself creating non-alcoholic cocktail programs in bars across Chicago, and most recently for Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans.
Fun fact: A few years ago Chris and I traveled to Chicago and went to the Aviary bar. I was pregnant with our son, and they accommodated with a flight of delicious non-alcoholic cocktails unlike anything I’d ever had before. It turns out, those cocktails were designed by Julia! (They were so good that Chris preferred some of my drinks over his own, full-octane drinks.) So I can personally vouch for Julia’s expertise in creating delicious (and not sickly sweet / boring) “mocktails”.
Listen In to Learn:
- Julia’s story, and how she found her way to bartending and eventually to spirit-free drinks.
- Her methodology for creating delicious cocktails without the booze
- Some of the challenges she’s run into with the concept of “spirit free” drinks.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!