The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Ninety Nine
So you’ve decided to give bartending a try, and you’d like to do your homework. How can you study up before stepping behind the bar?
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re going over some of the basics! When asked by a listener how to prepare, we realized that this is a great question. Listen in to hear all of our tips for getting mentally and physically ready for that first shift.
Stuff we Mentioned:
Bar Schools: How to decide whether it’s worth it, and how to know whether a bar school is worth attending.
- Old Fashioned
- Martini and dirty martini
- Cosmo (yep people are still drinking this)
- Bloody Mary
- Whiskey Sour
- Daquiri/ Lemon Drop/etc
- Moscow Mule/ Dark and stormy, etc
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
I discovered your podcast a few months ago and have really been enjoying it and learning so much. But I have *one* thing from this super-helpful episode that I could use more details on: What’s the right way to stir a cocktail? Besides not with the handle? What’s good form that I should be practicing? (Is there a video you’d recommend for this?) Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words Margarita! We do have a super old video on stirring – you can check it out here: https://www.abarabove.com/stirring-technique/ We are probably due for an update though, so I’ll make that suggestion to Chris and see if he wants to do another video or talk about it on the podcast. Thanks for the suggestion!
Thank you so much for the link! Exactly what I was hoping for!