The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #131
Everything tastes amazing in the summer! Here are some ideas for preserving those great seasonal flavors to enjoy in your cocktails year-round.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
This time of year it’s easy to take for granted the availability of delicious, in-season fruits and vegetables.
But if you let this season pass without any preparation for the future, you may just kick yourself in January! This week’s episode is all about preparing for the fall and winter by preserving the delicious flavors we have available right now.
Listen or watch to hear more about:
- Freezing Juices and Concentrates
- Creating Purees
- Jams, Jellies and Marmalades
- Creating and using Shrubs
- When to consider making Infusions, Tinctures, and / or Liqueurs
- Dehydrated Zests and other Garnish ideas
Stuff we Mentioned:
To learn more about some of the techniques we mentioned, check out these articles:
- Cryofreezing – How to do it (and in this case, how to use it for clarification purposes)
- Purees – How to make them and how to use them in cocktails
- Shrubs – How to make them and How to make them
- Infusions, Tinctures, Liqueur
- Here’s that cocktail we mentioned where we used dehydrated blood orange zest for the garnish. (Beautiful, right?)
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Share your favorite techniques (and flavors to preserve) in the comments, we’d love to hear them!