The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Seventy Three
There are a lot of weird rumors that go around behind the bar (and about the bar!) This week we’re debunking a few of our favorites.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
Common Bar Myths:
Can you Bruise Gin, or make brown spirits “bitter” by shaking them?
Hint: ask Jeffrey Morgenthaler
More Distillations is Better
… or is it?
Cheap Vodka + Brita Filter = Better Vodka
Seriously, just buy decent vodka! (Thanks, Vinepair)
Rolling / Heating Limes to Get More Juice
I couldn’t find that study I mentioned, but I did find some (awful quality) videos of people microwaving limes. Spoiler: Very anticlimactic!
Absinthe is Hallucinogenic
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Have you heard any myths behind your bar, or do you know more about the myths above? Let us know in the comments!