The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #165
Looking to add punches to your bar program? Join us this week as Chris chats with pro event bartender Rachel Hopkins to learn all about the ins and outs of making and serving large format cocktails behind the bar.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
Pre-batching & Punches for Events & Service
Rachel Hopkins is no stranger to large format cocktails. She runs a catering cocktail business from an old trailer that she and her husband renovated for service. (Sneak peek, it’s awesome.)
Rachel loves punches because they perfectly fit her model: the large format drinks are easy to prep in advance, provide great consistency and help keep service moving quickly.
Listen or Watch to Learn:
- Why Punch is a great choice for a cocktail catering service
- Why Oleo Saccharum is SO important for punches, and some creative ideas for unconventional “Oleos”
- Tips for extending the shelf life of a punch
- Tricks for serving punches at a full service bar vs just serving “for friends”
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Hopefully this chat has given you some food (err, drink?) for thought as we all get into the thick of the holiday season. Cheers!