The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #163
Infusions are fun to play with, but can you really use them in a service setting? Lucas England says YES and is here to show us how! Listen in to hear his tips and tricks for making infusions work, even in a high volume bar.
Who is Lucas England?
Lucas England is the Bar Director for The Sea by Alexander’s Steak House. Having previous management positions at Mortar & Pestle, and Roots & Rye. Lucas started from bartending weddings and serving tables in Silicon Valley, he quickly learned the Bar was the place to be. He looks to mentor bartenders in hospitality as he was in his formative years.
In today’s Episode…
We reached out to our Bartender community for great people to ask about infusions in a service setting, and Lucas’ name came up. Having used infusions in both high volume and fine dining settings, he seemed like the perfect person to ask!
Join us in this week’s episode to learn:
- What are some common roadblocks that people run into when they first start adding infusions to their bar program?
- How do you keep up with volume while maintaining consistency?
- Tips for managing cost and making sure your infusions remain cost effective.
- Infusion techniques that work well at scale
- Suggestions for good and bad infusions for high volume settings
Stuff we Mentioned:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again to Lucas for coming on the podcast and for you for listening! Let us know your questions in the comments and we’ll see you next time.