The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Seventy
Some pranks are hilarious ways to welcome new staff to your bar – and some go a bit too far.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
Like any industry, the “new guy” behind the bar is often the subject of good-natured pranks. The key is to keep those pranks good-natured, make sure nobody gets hurt, and hopefully make a learning experience out of it!
- Ask the new guy to “empty the hot water out of the coffee maker”
- Ask them to go to another bar to borrow the Keg Splitter
- See if you can get a song stuck in everyone’s head. (This one is my favorite)
- May physically hurt somebody
- Are just plain bad training (Listen in for one great / awful example)
- Are stealing, illegal, or intended to get someone fired or reprimanded
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Have you pranked somebody at your bar lately? Let us know in the comments!