The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Sixty Eight
It’s not quite spring, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early to start thinking about veggie cocktails. This week we’re talking about all of your various options for getting vegetables into your drinks – just in time for you to start thinking about your Spring cocktail menu.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re cheating – a bit. Most of what we’re talking about are vegetables, but there are a few ingredients that aren’t “technically” veggies – like tomatoes, beets, etc. Hopefully you can forgive us for taking a few liberties.
Five Ways to Feature Veggies:
1: Veggie Juice
Break out your juicer, there’s a lot you can do with vegetable juice – from carrot to celery to not-quite-veggies like tomatoes and beets.
It’s not quite Juice, but it’s not quite muddled either. Purees are a great way to keep the veggie nutrients in your drink – but beware of some of the texture issues that can come with!
Getting a bit more common here – muddling veggies like cucumber and jalapenos is a bit more popular behind the bar.
“Drinking Vinegars” as they are often called, are such a great way to bring flavor – and you can make them with just about anything. So why not veggies?
Last but not least, we can’t forget garnish. Veggies don’t have the reputation for being as “pretty” as some fruits, but I’d argue they really are. Think outside the celery stick – there are a lot of great veggie garnish ideas out there as well.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
How do you incorporate vegetables in your cocktails? Let us know in the comments below!