The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Forty Two
Great cocktails that only require two ingredients – and that you won’t find in a red plastic cup!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re talking about some great cocktails that are classic, delicious, and only use two ingredients. Oh, and you’re not likely to find them at your local college dorm, either
Cocktails Made with Spirit + Sweetener (of some kind)
1. The Rusty Nail
- 1 1/2 oz Scotch Whiskey
- 1 oz Drambuie
2. Horse’s Neck
- 3 Parts Ginger Ale
- 1 Part Brandy
- Optional: Angostura
- 6 oz Grapefruit Juice
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka or Gin
- Three Parts Grapefruit Soda
- One Part Tequila
5. Black Russian
- 1 2/3 oz Vodka
- 2/3 oz Coffee Liqueur
Note: Add 1 oz cream to make it a White Russian
6. Dark and Stormy
- 2 oz dark Rum
- 3 1/3 oz Ginger Beer
- Chris’ Version: Add 1/3 oz Lime juice!
- White or Sparkling Wine
- Anything sweet like fruit juice or liqueur!
8. Chartreuse Float
- 1 1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
- Top with Root Beer
- Optional: Add a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream (Note: We have not tried this
1. Campari Soda
- 2 oz Campari
- Top with Soda Water
2. Camparosa by Chery Loughlin, the Intoxicologist
- 2 oz Campari
- 3 oz Grapefruit Juice
3. Gin and Tonic
- 1 part Gin
- 3 parts Tonic
- 1 part Vermouth
- 6 parts Gin or Vodka
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Moral of the Story – you can do a lot with just two ingredients! But unless you’re going to drown the spirit in sweetness, consider aiming for higher quality ingredients in two-ingredient cocktails.