The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Thirty One
There are a lot of old wives’ tales about what actually cures a hangover. This week we’re putting them to the test!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re taking a pre-emptive strike against your New Years’ Hangover.
Listen in to Learn:
- Which rumored “Hangover Cures” actually work (according to the internet)
- What bananas have to do with Pedialyte
- The absolute best way to fix a hangover… is by preventing it!
Update from a Listener:
Special thanks to Hugo, the Firefighter who sent me this note (paraphrased):
You guys mentioned an “IV Potassium Drip”, but I think you might be thinking of something called a “Banana Bag” that we give to hardcore alcoholics. It’s a multi-vitamin mixed with the IV solution, which makes the IV solution yellow (hence: “Banana Bag.”) It’s given because these people need nutrients (the kind of nutrients most of us get from food, but these folks often haven’t eaten.)
Taking potassium supplements (in pill or IV form) is very dangerous and can cause cardiac complications. It is only done under a physician’s supervision. We may joke around that we may need a “Banana Bag” if we are super hung over, but in reality we just need Saline – which is the same thing as drinking water, it just hits your system faster.
Thank you so much Hugo for your comments, it’s really good to know the dangers of potassium supplements. At the end of the day the punchline is the same – if you are hungover, drink water!
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
So go out tonight and have an amazing night, eat some greasy food and drink lots of water, and most importantly stay safe! What are your hangover remedies? Let us know in the comments below!