The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Thirty
This episode releases on Christmas eve, so we’re offering a few great Cream cocktails to leave out with those cookies for Santa!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
It’s Christmas Eve and I’m sure everyone’s preparing for Santa to come tonight! Santa has a long night ahead of him, so, instead of milk and cookies, leave him a tasty cream cocktail instead!
Listen in to Learn:
- The one ingredient you should never ever put into a drink with milk or cream
- What to do if your cream cocktail is too thick – or not thick enough!
- How to adjust a recipe if you’re substituting cream liqueur instead of cream
Great Cream Cocktail Suggestions:
- Jacob Ashburn from the Patterson House in Nashville TN suggested the Ramos Gin Fizz
- Russel Rivinius who works at the Barlow Room in Dayton, Oregon said he makes a mean Hazelnut Espresso Martini with half an half
- Samuel Padilla from the OB Noodle House Bar 1502 in San Diego, California likes to use cream along with Mexican Chocolate
What about us?
Julia’s all about the Chila Milk Punch from a few weeks ago, and Chris is sticking with the classic Egg Nog. (Look for his recipe on this website soon!)
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Hopefully this episode has helped you make something delicious for Santa to have with his cookies! Have we missed any great cream cocktails that you like to make? Let us know in the comments!
Just catching up with my podcast listening (the holidays were a bit of a blur). Love your podcasts, as always! I was a bit surprised, given Julia’s penchant for sweet creamy drinks, that you did not mention the short cut of using ice cream in cocktails. Jonathan Lundy at Gratz Park in Lexington, Kentucky makes a Bourbon Alexander using vanilla bean ice cream (http://www.winemag.com/Web-2012/Bourbons-Perfect-Pairings/), and on a similar theme I once made a yummy Alexander using salted caramel ice cream (https://deliciouscocktailtime.wordpress.com/2014/08/30/salted-caramel-alexander/)
Such a great point and great idea Brenda, I’m not sure how we didn’t think of that! Your Salted Caramel Ice Cream Alexander sounds absolutely incredible! I love the idea – I think I’ll put an “Ice cream cocktails” episode on the calendar for this summer!