The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode 152
Ever used Mead in a cocktail? It might just be the next big hipster beverage, and this week have we have Mead expert Samuel Boulton on the podcast to teach us all about it!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode, we’re talking about Mead.
We’ve invited Samuel Boltoun on the podcast to teach us a bit about this ancient drink that’s only just starting to find its way into bars and cocktail menus. But first – a bit about Sam!
Samuel Boulton is the owner of The Vanguard @ 1000 Trades and has been working within hospitality for 10 years. After starting out cleaning tables and showing keen interest in the bar, Sam has become one of the leading names in the fields of both Vermouth and Mead. Having worked with many producers (and a book on Vermouth well underway) Sam’s interest in Mead began to grow.
In early 2018 he opened the first Cocktail Bar & Meadery in the UK, and then in early 2019 lead the UK’s first All Mead Cocktail Menu. Having made waves in the industry, Sam has now set his sights to launching his own mead brand, The Modern Mead Co., and hopes to bring Mead to the entire UK.
Listen in to learn…
Scroll up and watch to learn all about …
- What is mead?
- A brief history of mead
- How is Mead traditionally served?
- How would you use mead in a cocktail?
- Are there any special considerations when working with mead (oxidation, serving temperature, infusing, etc)
Stuff we Mentioned:
Are you in the UK? Consider stopping by Sam’s Bar: The Vanguard @ 1000 Trades
And if you’re interested in Mead, you should definitely check out Samuel’s new Meadery: The Modern Mead Co (on Facebook and Twitter)
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Are you using Mead in your cocktail menu? What are your tips?