The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #134
Love the career but wish you could take home more money? Check out this week’s episode for some tips for increasing your hourly rate, getting more tips, and keeping the money you make!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode… Show me the money!
Bartending used to be considered a “stop gap” job to make money while you start your “real” career. But nowadays it’s a real career in and of itself, and can be very lucrative! If you’re interested in making more money behind the bar, here are some tips to get you started.
Increase your Hourly Rate
In the US, your hourly wage is usually a small portion of your overall pay. But every dollar counts! Take a look at your job responsibilities and see if you can take on some more work in exchange for a raise. It may bring you great experience as well as a higher pay check! Listen in for more insights on how to navigate this process.
Increase your Tips
Perhaps not so useful if you work in a “non tipping” market, but in the US this is a biggie! Listen in for details, but here’s a quick overview:
- Build more regulars
- Become faster at your job
- “Suggestive Selling” (Aka Upselling!)
- Roll out the red carpet for your best customers
Some bars just bring in more money than other bars. But is the grass really greener on the other side? Listen in for some suggestions on how to compare your current job against another opportunity to make sure it really is a good plan. (This article is another great resource as well!)
This episode sponsored by BevSpot – Check out these great resources to help you grow your bar career!
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Do you work in a market without tipping? Let’s hear your suggestions for bringing home more money! Leave them in the comments below.