The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #128
Have you used crab apples in cocktails, adjusted your citrus or tried to replicate a cocktail you had in a bar? You’ll like this episode!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re going over three different questions from listeners. Check out the questions below and watch / listen to the video above for our thoughts.
As always, we want to hear from you! If you have a different answer (or know more than we do), please let us know in the comments. We’d love to learn from you!
Question 1, from Micah from Wisconsin:
“I am an amateur with a ever-growing home bar, but I love craft cocktails at many bars, lounges and restaurants, and enjoy trying to recreate them at home for myself. For some reason they never turn out quite the same, even when I am using the exact same brands and ingredients. Do you have any tips on how to best recreate a drink you got that you absolutely loved?
Am I just simply messing up the ratios of the ingredients? Maybe my techniques are off, or even my ice? Or is it maybe that the enjoyable atmosphere of the places just can’t be recreated properly at home, leaving me wanting more? Thanks for any tips you can give.”
Question 2, from Travis from Alberta, Canada:
“Hi guys, love the podcast! I was just wondering what you think is the best way to extract a juice or syrup from crab apples. I’m hoping to try out a crab apple whiskey sour this summer. Background info: Living in the cold north means citrus can get expensive so I wanted to try my hand at something I can grow locally since whiskey sours are one of my favorite drinks.”
Question 3, from Mark from Portland, Connecticut
“I’ve been hearing a bunch lately about how Booker and Dax used to “acid adjust” their citrus, especially orange juice, but I’ve been unable to find out what that means exactly and also how to do it. Any inside info?”
Got questions of your own? We’d love to hear from you! Click here to submit your own questions and we’ll answer them on the podcast!
Stuff we Mentioned:
- Check out Chris’ article about Cryofreezing here. (I swear, he totally made that word up.)
- If you’re interested in learning about acid adjustment, this article from Camper English is a great start!
- This is the book we mentioned by Dave Arnold – Liquid Intelligence
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Remember to send in your questions here!