The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #146
What happens when you get 1,000 bartenders and cocktail enthusiasts in the same place to talk cocktails? Here’s a recap of our favorite debates and conversations from the last few months in our Facebook group!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re celebrating hitting 1,000+ members in our Facebook group!
Want to join? Click here and request access!
Then just let me know whether you’re a bartender, aspiring bartender, enthusiast, etc. and I’ll let you right in! (I ask those questions to make sure you’re a real human!)
Stuff we Mentioned:
After you’re approved, follow these links to the great conversations we discussed in today’s podcast, and add your thoughts!
Shrubs, Drinking Vinegars, and More Shrubs
While there have been several conversations over the last ~6 months about using shrubs in cocktails, I loved this one the most. Check it out for some incredible suggestions for shrub flavors and inspiration for pairing them with spirits in cocktails!
These are some of my favorite posts! Bartenders are getting extremely creative with the ingredients and flavors they are incorporating into cocktails, and the group has hosted quite a few conversations discussing the best way to use these “weird” flavors:
All About Ice
Ah, ice. The bartender’s favorite hipster topic – or is it? We had some great conversations about ice in all its forms, and these were a few of my favorites:
- Ice in a coupe glass– crafty or just annoying?
- Does “clear ice” even matter anyway?
- Or are you just kind of over it?
Drink with your Eyes
Ok, that’s kind of a creepy phrase, but in the age of Instagram there’s just no avoiding the attention we have to pay to the visual side of our cocktails. And one great way to do that is to share beautiful cocktail photos for inspiration!
Member Georgi Petrov (on Instagram @JustShakeorStir) consistently shares his beautiful cocktail creations in the group, featuring creative garnishes and stunning photography. He even gave us a few tips for getting prettier photos of our own drinks!
Here are a few of his recent cocktail photo recipe posts:
- Mango Bongo (This one has the photography tips!)
- Honey I’m Home
- Smoked Dates Cocktail
Just the Beginning
This group is still much less than a year old and we’re adding members daily! Come join the conversation and help us grow a great place where we can learn from each other. We’d love to have you!
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!