The Mixology Talk Podcast,
Episode Eighty Four
We’ve talked about the occupational hazards of bartending before – but today we’re talking with an expert!
Dr. Karena Wu is a physical therapist in New York and has worked with some of the best and brightest bartenders in Manhattan. Today she’s joined us on the podcast to share her best advice for avoiding injuries common for bartenders – and what to do if you think you might already have an injury.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re going over some tips and tricks to avoid and treat common injuries for bartenders. Listen in to learn:
- What types of injuries are common behind the bar
- What can a busy bartender do to avoid these injuries?
- How can you tell the difference between “aches and pains” and a true injury that needs treatment?
- Tips for bartenders who need treatment but don’t have health insurance
- Ways that managers can help their team avoid injuries as well
Stuff we Mentioned:
- Karena’s Practice: Activecare Physical Therapy
- An older podcast episode where we talked about this: the Occupational Hazards of Bartending
- .. and an article where we discussed it as well.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
If you’re in New York and think you might have an injury, consider stopping by Karena’s practice to say hello! Otherwise, take care of yourself and see a doctor or physical therapist if you need treatment – that’s the best way to fix it for good.
Great episode! Important discussion. You beat me to it – I’d been thinking of getting a PT on my show! I call dibs on Podiatrists!
Haha you got it Brian, Podiatrists are all yours!