The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #147
It’s great to get creative with your cocktail recipes, but how do prevent your creativity from going too far? This week we’re chatting with Camper English about keeping cocktails safe.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
Note:If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode…
We’re chatting with notoriously geeky cocktail expert, Camper English, from Alcademics.com
Wait, who’s Camper English?
Camper English is a San Francisco-based cocktails and spirits writer, speaker, consultant, and sometimes event bartender. He has written for everywhere from Popular Science to Penthouse, including Details, Saveur, and the San Francisco Chronicle.
Camper has visited over 140 distilleries, blending houses, and bodegas in more than 25 countries, has judged cocktail contests locally and internationally, is a member of the United States Bartenders’ Guild, passed the B.A.R.5-day course, is a judge of the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, and has been the US and Canadian polling coordinator for the World’s 50 Best Bars for several years.
True story: He once gave a talk about ice… in Iceland.
Stuff we Mentioned:
Find Camper’s work at his main website, Alcademics.com. But if you’re interested in his new cocktail safety resource, skip right over to CocktailSafe.org!
You can also find Camper on Twitter and Instagram, and get his book, “Tonic Water: Gin and Tonic WTF” here.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Hopefully today’s chat gives you the resources you need to make sure you’re making awesome cocktails that are also safe for your guests! Don’t forget to check out CocktailSafe.org if you’re not completely sure.