The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #138
After working behind the bar long enough, you find a few tips and tricks that help make your day easier. Here are the tools and hacks that Chris found over the years behind his bar.
A bunch of these tips are hints for buying better bar tools – but some are tricks for better ways to use the tools you already have!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
Hacking the Bar In today’s Episode…
Tools, Tools, Tools.
A carpenter doesn’t use a cheap hammer. A plumber buys a quality wrench. So why wouldn’t you do the same for the equipment you need to do your job? Watch and listen to hear all about:
- How to choose a great bar spoon, and why you might consider bending your brand new spoon before you put it to work.
- Which strainers you really need – and how to pick a good one. (Bonus: how to hack your hawthorne strainer for a better strain)
- How a cocktail straw can fix a slow store & pour
- Choosing the best peelers, wine keys, and more
Stuff we Mentioned:
We mentioned quite a few bar tools in this episode, and if you’re in the market I can’t help but recommend our own line of tools. (Find the full lineup here.)
Are we biased? Yeah, totally. But we’re also really picky, and these tools have been designed based on Chris’ years of frustrations behind the bar. (Plus, check out the reviews in Amazon – other folks like them too!)
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
What are your bar tool pet peeves? Leave them in the comments!