The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #125
Ever wanted to be a Brand Ambassador? Check out our chat with Reyka Vodka ambassador Trevor Schneider to hear about what it’s really like – the good and the bad!
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
Ever wanted to be a Brand Ambassador?
This is your episode! Chris met up with Reyka Vodka brand ambassador Trevor Schneider to pick his brain about what the job is like, (good and bad) and suggestions for folks who want to make their way into the brand ambassador role.
Listen in to Learn:
- How Trevor got into bartending and worked his way into his role with Reyka Vodka
- What surprised Trevor most about the role
- A day in the life of a Brand Ambassador
- His thoughts on what makes a really great brand ambassador
- Some incredible tips for networking within the bartender community (Seriously, every bartender needs to hear this!)
A little more about Trevor Schneider:
With a passion for creating innovative cocktails and a dynamic personality, Trevor Schneider has been traveling throughout the country to share the inventive nature of Iceland’s Reyka Vodka. As the National Reyka Vodka Ambassador, Trevor is the ultimate educator and expert on this truly charmingly offbeat vodka.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Trevor graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Information Technology. He played baseball into his 20’s, worked in the pharmaceutical industry, and has even been a high school substitute teacher. But his true passion has always been in hospitality and entertainment. Trevor moved to New York City to pursue modeling and acting while working his way up from a server, to bartender, to bar manager, and to event liaison at iconic establishments such as GoldBar and Sweetwater Social in New York City. Trevor is an avid urban farmer. Also known as the “Cocktail Ninja”, Trevor grows everything from herbs to exotic fruit which often turn into ingredients and homemade syrups for his Reyka Vodka cocktails.
True to Reyka’s Icelandic roots, Trevor is quite an ice fanatic, and explores new ways to serve up refreshing, cold cocktails using ice in its many variations. With an extensive background in bartending and hospitality, experimenting with cocktails is a part of Trevor’s life. In his current role, as Reyka Vodka’s National Ambassador, his main focus is traveling the country to educate, train, and entertain the masses, all in an effort to share the quirky story and inventive history of Reyka Vodka.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
What do you think: is it all it’s cracked up to be? Tell us about your experiences and share your best networking tips in the comments!