The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #151
It’s already conference season! Bar Convent Brooklyn is coming in just a few weeks, and is a great event if you’re a bartender looking to learn and grow. Join us this week as we chat with their head of education (and a man who needs no introduction), Angus Winchester.
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
In today’s Episode we’re chatting with Angus Winchester
He’s a man who truly needs no introduction! But what the heck, here’s his bio just in case:
Angus Winchester is the Head of Education at Bar Convent Brooklyn and Bar Convent Berlin. He is the former global ambassador for Tanqueray Gin and a spirits industry champion winning titles including Best International Brand Ambassador 2012, Golden Spirit Award 2014 and Best Bar Mentor 2016 at the Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards as well as Wine Enthusiast Best Mixologist 2012.
(Now you see what I’m talking about!)
Bar Convent Brooklyn
While there are endless topics we could talk to Angus about, this conversation was all about Bar Convent Brooklyn. Angus is the Head of Education for the conference this year and is the perfect person to share all about why this event is a great choice for bartenders and definitely worth your time.
Listen in to Learn:
- A brief history of Bar Convent Brooklyn and how Angus got involved
- Why bartenders should attend and what to expect if you do
- Why it’s a great “bang for your buck”!
- His favorite seminars from last year, and the seminars he’s most excited about this year
- Why the event is limited to industry professionals only
Stuff we Mentioned:
Bar Convent Brooklyn is June 11 & 12 2019 at the Brooklyn Expo Center. Here’s a great high level overview about the event, or if you’re already sold, Here’s a great high level overview page about the event
Follow Angus on Instagram and Twitter, and find Bar Convent Brooklyn on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!