The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode Eighty
About a month ago we had the chance to visit Chicago – and got a reservation for a cocktail – food pairing dinner at The Aviary bar in Chicago. It was an incredible experience, and there were so many things that we felt made it “top notch”.
In this episode we’re going over some of the key takeaways we noticed – and we’ll hopefully give you a bit of inspiration for making your own bar that much more memorable for guests.
Oh – and did you catch our “little” announcement?
Click here to Subscribe on your Smartphone and never miss an Episode!
On your iPhone:
- Look for the iPhone’s default “Podcasts App”. It may already be there, or you may need to download it. It looks like this:
- In the app, click “Search” in the bottom-right corner and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast“
- Click on the icon under the “Podcasts” section, and in the next screen click the purple “Subscribe” button.
If you prefer, you can also subscribe using the “Stitcher” app, also free & available in the App store.
On your Android Phone:
- Download the “Stitcher” app from the Play store by searching for “Stitcher”
- Click on the “Search” icon and search for “Mixology Talk Podcast
- Click “+” to add the show to your Playlist.
Eight Things We Learned:
Listen to the episode for the full list, but here’s a teaser!
- The benefits of being accommodating
- The Guest’s experience doesn’t start at the door
- If you earn it, you can charge it.
- Don’t overlook your ice!
- Have some fun with it
- The Art of Showmanship
- Cocktail Flights & Heavy Pours
- Seeing through the eyes of a guest
Was this Podcast helpful? Click Here to Give us a Rating in iTunes!
Your reviews really matter – they help more people find us in iTunes and help us improve this Podcast!
Thanks for Listening!
Have you been to The Aviary, or other similarly memorable bars? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!